
"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." ~ Buddha
This is one of my favorite quotes. I love starting my day in a way that fills me with peace that can keep me grounded throughout the day. It also enables me to be a being of peace and hopefully that peace can be felt and experienced by others and thus I am bringing peace into the world. Beginning a consistent yoga practice is something I have toyed with over the years, but I've never been able to make it stick. I am enjoying my morning time so much with Rodney Yee and AM Yoga, and I have been able to be consistent on my weekeday mornings since the beginning of January. This is something that definitely brings peace to my days.
Today I am beginning a 21-Day Meditation Challenge through the Deepok Chopra Center. The focus for Day 1 is The Mind-Body Connection. Meditation is another experience that I have been wanting to incorporate into my daily life. I have meditated off and on over the years, but I would really like to develop an actual consistent practice of meditation day by day. I am excited about having some guidelines to follow. Often, when I am unsure about something - and meditation seems to fall into that category for me - I find every excuse in the world not to do it.
Running is another part of my day that brings me such peace in so many ways ~ physically, spiritually, mentally. I love having a plan for running too and an enjoying following Hal Higdon's marathon training plan. I have been doing my long runs on trails and enjoyed such an amazingly beautiful run on Saturday by a creek and on some winding trails I had never run on before.
I like having these three experiences as the foundation of my days.
This is one of my favorite quotes. I love starting my day in a way that fills me with peace that can keep me grounded throughout the day. It also enables me to be a being of peace and hopefully that peace can be felt and experienced by others and thus I am bringing peace into the world. Beginning a consistent yoga practice is something I have toyed with over the years, but I've never been able to make it stick. I am enjoying my morning time so much with Rodney Yee and AM Yoga, and I have been able to be consistent on my weekeday mornings since the beginning of January. This is something that definitely brings peace to my days.
Today I am beginning a 21-Day Meditation Challenge through the Deepok Chopra Center. The focus for Day 1 is The Mind-Body Connection. Meditation is another experience that I have been wanting to incorporate into my daily life. I have meditated off and on over the years, but I would really like to develop an actual consistent practice of meditation day by day. I am excited about having some guidelines to follow. Often, when I am unsure about something - and meditation seems to fall into that category for me - I find every excuse in the world not to do it.
Running is another part of my day that brings me such peace in so many ways ~ physically, spiritually, mentally. I love having a plan for running too and an enjoying following Hal Higdon's marathon training plan. I have been doing my long runs on trails and enjoyed such an amazingly beautiful run on Saturday by a creek and on some winding trails I had never run on before.
I like having these three experiences as the foundation of my days.
No comments:
Post a Comment