Friday, February 18, 2011

Rockin' Along

"...I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh that was!My very heart leaped with delight at the sound." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

I have been feeling so poorly. Very unusual for me. I usually have too much energy! That's one thing running is good for - somewhere to put all of that movement. But for the past week and a half, I've felt really unlike myself. I am making it through my days and then sleeping tons at night. Surely it will pass soon...

In the midst of all of this, I have really had a busy, nice time. I took 2 days off work to be with my daughter during her winter break. I did really BIG things on those days which were great. On Friday, we took out literally every single thing from her room and moved in some beautiful antique furniture that was my great-aunt's and great grandmother's. She is thrilled with her room.

Then on Saturday, we spend the day with my mom and 2 of my daughter's friends almost completing a new alphabet book we have been thinking about and working on for months. It's been an amazingly fun project and I love that the three of us are working on it together. I have contacted the printer and my friend that is going to lay it out so we will have a book before too long!

On Sunday, I had scheduled to run 13 miles and I did, but it was just miserable. I was out in the woods on my favorite trails on a lovely, warmish day so it should have been heaven, but I just felt awful. I was dehydrated a bit and that didn't help. I did see some deer and lots of birds and it was not too muddy so that was wonderful. I stopped and stretched and walked a bit and even sat down on a stump at about 10 miles and rested! I made it back to my car all in one piece and had a good feeling of accomplishment that I was done!

Monday we celebrated Valentine's Day, and we went to ride horses which is always so relaxing and fun. I took lots of pictures and enjoyed being outside a lot.

And other than that, I've not been inspired to do much of anything - not reading, not cooking, just lots of sleep! We are having our annual Love and Friendship Tea tomorrow and I'm looking forward to having lots of friends over and celebrating Love and Friendship!

No comments: