"Simply be quiet. Be with Yourself in the stillness. Do this daily. Just stop. Stop all your doingness. Stop all your thinking. Stop all your thinking. Just be for a while. Take an hour every day at dawn and give it to Yourself. Meet Your self there in the holy moment. Then go about your day. You will be a different person." ~ N.D. Walsch
I love this quote. Simply being. Not feeling the need to do or think or talk or clean house or run or eat or anything. Simply being. I wonder why this is so incredibly hard to instill in my life. That feeling of guilt when I am just sitting, just being, the feeling that I "should be" doing something.
I find time in my days to take are of my family, to keep a reasonably clean home, to provide meals for us all most days! I find time to run, to read, to shower, to write, to answer emails, to write in my journal, to do my work. And yet finding - or making - time to just be always seems to get left out, to get lost in the myriad of activities that I "need" to do.
I am really drawn to the idea of meditation. I have been for years. I made a commitment to myself in 2011 that I will incorporate meditation into my days. I have done this with varying degrees of success. My daughter and I will occasionally sit and meditate together before bed, and this is such a special time. I will sit by myself - usually before I go to bed, and sometimes just sit, sometimes repeat a word or phrase in my head, sometimes just try to be aware of my breath, occasionally I listen to a meditation cd. I like the idea of moving meditation - running for me. I can easily repeat a mantra in my head to the rhythm of my footsteps or try to focus on the feeling of my body as I'm moving or try to become very aware of my surroundings.
Sometimes I get an amazing feeling of quiet and stillness and peacefulness that overtakes me - even for the briefest of moments. I feel a deepening of my Self and feel that at those times I catch a glimpse of my very Soul. I want to cultivate more of those moments into my days, into my life.
I love this quote. Simply being. Not feeling the need to do or think or talk or clean house or run or eat or anything. Simply being. I wonder why this is so incredibly hard to instill in my life. That feeling of guilt when I am just sitting, just being, the feeling that I "should be" doing something.
I find time in my days to take are of my family, to keep a reasonably clean home, to provide meals for us all most days! I find time to run, to read, to shower, to write, to answer emails, to write in my journal, to do my work. And yet finding - or making - time to just be always seems to get left out, to get lost in the myriad of activities that I "need" to do.
I am really drawn to the idea of meditation. I have been for years. I made a commitment to myself in 2011 that I will incorporate meditation into my days. I have done this with varying degrees of success. My daughter and I will occasionally sit and meditate together before bed, and this is such a special time. I will sit by myself - usually before I go to bed, and sometimes just sit, sometimes repeat a word or phrase in my head, sometimes just try to be aware of my breath, occasionally I listen to a meditation cd. I like the idea of moving meditation - running for me. I can easily repeat a mantra in my head to the rhythm of my footsteps or try to focus on the feeling of my body as I'm moving or try to become very aware of my surroundings.
Sometimes I get an amazing feeling of quiet and stillness and peacefulness that overtakes me - even for the briefest of moments. I feel a deepening of my Self and feel that at those times I catch a glimpse of my very Soul. I want to cultivate more of those moments into my days, into my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment