Thursday, January 13, 2011

Do what you love!


"Go ahead and do what you love to do. Do nothing else! You have so little time. How can you think of wasting a single moment doing something for a living you don't like to do? That is not a living, that is dying!" ~ N. D. Walsch
I am blessed to have a job that pays me to do things that I love most of the time. I work at a children's museum and I get to be around kids, work with lots of other creative folks, and spend lots of time planning cool activities for children. I've worked there for 7 years so my daughter has had the museum for a second home for most of her life. She had 2 friends spend the day with her there today - since they were out of school for the snow - and they had so much fun playing in the museum and hanging out in the birthday party room on their own listening to music, playing games, coloring and drawing. It's such a great place to be!
I have had the dream since I was a child of writing books. Through the musuem, I was able to write my first children's book, Good For You: Adventures with Ginger and George. The whole experience was incredible, truly a dream come true. Then I was able to write a second book, Woodland Letters, with the knowledge I gained from doing the first book. I have several other books up my sleeve that I am going to get "out there" soon! Just thinking about them makes me so excited!
Photography is something else I have come to feel very passionate about in the last few years. I have had a great time developing different sets of "alphabet letters" found in Nature and other spots. I love the term "nature photography" and feel that is a calling of mine. I love carrying my camera along with me and spending time outside drinking in the beauty of the world and capturing it in a picture to share with others.
I have been able to do all three of these things I love "for a living" and I love how I spend my days "working" at the activities I love .

No comments: