"In the bleak midwinter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone; Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow on snow. In the bleak midwinter, Long ago..." ~Christina Rossetti
Yea!! I got to get out this morning. We've been in for 4 days and as lovely as it was, nothing compares to being outdoors! Being outside, running, taking some pictures, breathing the cold air - it's so exhilerating! The absolute best way to start a day! I always feel so much better when I get to do so many things that make me feel good first thing in the morning. If I don't start the day off with a run, I often don't feel as inspired during the day to do other things I love and that make me feel good- read, eat well, meditate, write, take pictures.
I ran today around 2 parks where they had the sidewalks cleared. The snow made the familiar setting look magical. I got to take lots of pictures and ran about 3 miles. Tons of birds were flying around searching for some early morning sustenance. I saw three ducks huddled by the water's edge. The pond in one of the parks was frozen solid.
I ran today around 2 parks where they had the sidewalks cleared. The snow made the familiar setting look magical. I got to take lots of pictures and ran about 3 miles. Tons of birds were flying around searching for some early morning sustenance. I saw three ducks huddled by the water's edge. The pond in one of the parks was frozen solid.
My favorite part of the morning though was running on the walking bridge. The entire bridge was still completely covered with snow so it felt like I was running in winter wonderland. The sun was shining so brightly that the snow was glittering. It was absolutely beautiful! I took so many pictures. I was the only one on it this morning and wished I had spent my whole 45 minutes of time out today running back and forth across it soaking in the magic!
No comments:
Post a Comment