
ADVENTURE: "An adventure is defined as an exciting or unusual experience; it may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome."
I love to choose a word for the year that defines how I would like to live the upcoming 365 days. My word for 2012 is ADVENTURE! I want to fill my days with adventures of all kinds. I want to do things I might not ordinarily do, say, "yes!" when I would usually say, "no," take some chances, connect with people in different ways.
Adventures don't have to be risky but by my definition they are going to be pursuing things I want to do in my life but for some reason haven't so far. Incorporate meditation into my days, run a 50K, start a consistent yoga practice, cook different things for meals, make an effort to nurture friendships, run/bike/swim in a triathlon, publish a new book, raise chickens!
These are some things that come to mind as adventures that I want to pursue this year. I want to keep my eyes open for others that appeal to me. I will listen to that little voice inside that nudges me toward an activity or event or person and say yes to ADVENTURES in 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment