"Forget about those New Year’s resolutions in which you decide on the first day of January how you will be conducting your life for the next twelve months. Instead, set up day-to-day goals for yourself, and then resolve to begin living with present moment awareness for the rest of your life. When you get good at living your present moments one day at a time, you’ll see yourself changing right before your own surprised eyes. Remember, anyone can do anything for just one day, so tune out the sentences that keep you locked into your old self-defeating ways and begin to enjoy each day of your bright new year.What are some things you've wanted to do for yourself, one day at a time?"
~Wayne Dyer
I love this! Living in the present moment is all there is. The NOW. Living in the present moment for the rest of my life. Really being there for everything I do, every choice I make, every encounter I have. Soaking in the everyday moments with my daughter, sharing time with my husband and doing things we enjoy together, taking in the beauty of the trees and the smell of the air as I run, looking into people's eyes as I talk with them, savoring every bit of food I eat, appreciating the softness of my dog as I rub her belly, really listening to music, feeling my body as I move throughout my day, connecting with my soul as I seek stillness in the midst of my busy days.
Some things I want to do for myself one day at a time?
~Meditate
~Run
~Run
~Spend time with my husband
~Grow with my child
~Read books - something for pleasure, something for inspiration
~Write in my journal
~Do yoga
~Cook and bake
~Garden
~Take more pictures and learn more about photography and my camera
~Write stories
~Make time for quiet every day
~Consciously make choices
~Be present
~Have more adventures!
I welcome 2012 with open arms!
No comments:
Post a Comment