A day off from work and an unexpected "long" run today. I ususally do my long runs on the weekend, but it's so nice mentally to enter the weekend knowing I have it under my belt already! I ran 7 miles yesterday and my legs felt tired today, but I ran a different route than I usually do and it was nice having some new things to look at to distract my attention.
This was a different kind of run than I usually enjoy Running, for me, is most pleasureable when I am out enjoying NATURE! I love the trees, river, birds and other critters, fresh air, solitude. Today I ran through the city and saw buildings, trains, cars, people, signs. When I'm running, I often try to focus on staying present, being fully in the NOW. I concentrate on my breath, my footsteps, a mantra. I seek out beautiful things to photograph. This run took me on city streets, and I was definitely present to the business, the sites that I don't often view while running, the traffic, and the need to really pay attention to where I stepped and where I crossed the street. I didn't feel that stillness I often feel after a run though. Mostly just tiredness!
2 comments:
Beautiful photography.
Thank you, Monica!
Post a Comment