Monday, January 23, 2012

Making Time



"My feeling is that any day I am too busy to run is a day that I am too busy".--John Bryant






John Bryant is really onto something in that quote! It's all about making time for the things that are important to living the kind of life that I want to live. I have been setting my clock 20 minutes early to being incorporating a yoga practice into my days. It's something I've felt drawn to for years, and I've dabbled in yoga here and there, but I've never really made a commitment to it. So as much as I love to sleep, I am making a choice to get up and practice yoga to start my day. It makes me feel so good - mentally and physically.


Most days I am able to take my daughter to school and then run before going to work. Today it was POURING down rain, complete with thunder and lightning. Once I've showered and dressed and am at work, it's so much harder to change into running clothes, run, take another shower and go back to work or go home for the evening. But running is important to who I am so I left work in time to get 5 miles in today before I picked up my daughter after school. And I am so glad. As with the yoga - it makes me feel so good!


I have woven running into my days very regularly for the past decade - hard to believe! It's definitely a choice to make every day - to run or to not run. I'd like to think of other things I want to make part of my life and add them in gradually so they become routines too, part of the fabric of my days.

No comments: