Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ordinary to Extraordinary



I want to live an extraordinary life! I recently read Running the Edge by Tim Catalano and Adam Goucher and felt so inspired after I finished it. They talk about being a distance maven, having peak experiences, really experiencing life, being an actor instead of a reactor, and living an extraordinary life. They relate their ideas to running as they are runners, but these ideas can be applied to anyone's life. I really relate to the running stories and the experiences they have had as runners. I am not a runner who will ever win a marathon or set the world on fire with my 5K time. I am a dedicated runner though. I have been running fairly consistently for a decade now. I love running and love what running brings to my life. It makes me be a better person in all areas of my life. The time alone, the time spent outside in Nature, the time pushing my body, the time to think, the time to be creative, the time to meditate ~ running provides me with all of this. It helps me be extraordinary in the rest of my life.

No comments: